Camping is a fun activity enjoyed by many different people, in many different ways. My favorite way to camp is in a hammock, during the fall. While not everyone agrees about the hammock, I hope that after reading this you’ll at least agree that the fall is one of the best times to go on a camping trip, and to make the persuasion easy, here are five reasons why!
- Weather: Fall has the best camping weather of the entire year- not too cold, and not too hot. You won’t have to worry about being too hot during the day, and the nights are usually warm enough you won’t get too cold, but cool enough that you won’t get too hot with a fire blazing. It has the perfect camping weather, not too extreme in either temperature directions.
- Insects: Another great part of fall camping is that you don’t have to worry about many insects. By the time fall rolls around, ticks and mosquitoes are just about all gone, and most other bugs aren’t around either. No Bugs= Happy Camper.
- Animals: With fall heralding the approach of winter, another perk is increased animal activity. With animals on the move collecting food for winter, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll spot many animals during your trip!
- Activity Options: With camping available and festivals held at so many state parks, you have a wide range of options to choose from if you decide to do activities during the day! Harvest festivals are especially common in the fall, but many other activities are also held at state parks.
- Beauty: The one thing you’ll never hear anyone argue about, is that fall is the prettiest time of the year. With the leaves changing colors and the pleasant weather always there, it just makes being outside enjoyable. Plus, pictures of your fall camping trip will look even better with beautiful trees and leaves as your backdrop.
There you have it, five little but important reasons for why fall is the best time to go camping. Always remember, it’s the little things that matter. Yes, big things matter too, but it’s the little things that will really make your day.